TRACKS Outreach & Education runs a wide variety of educational programs throughout the calendar year for Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth ages 6-12. Outreach activities, in-school workshops and PA-day camps make up our school-year programming schedule. TRACKS also develops curriculum to share with other organizations, offering take-home resources and training opportunities for teachers and educators. Throughout the summer, TRACKS continues its outreach activities and workshops, while also providing week-long summer day camps. All of our programming is fun, hands-on, experiential, and combines Indigenous and Western scientific principles.
Through our Outreach & Education programming, TRACKS aims to:
- Create an awareness that Indigenous ecological knowledge is essential to comprehensive scientific approaches to environmental issues
- Provide youth with culturally rich, science-based outdoor education
- Help students understand the interconnectedness of all living things
- Introduce youth to diverse knowledge systems and fields of study
- Connect youth with strong, motivated and dynamic mentors
- Encourage youth to think about math and science skills as valuable skills in achieving their future goals
Check out this video
to learn more about our Outreach & Education program!